Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Brandon Sanderson Signing

Brandon Sanderson was coming to Costco in Orem. Since the last signing, I had acquired eight more of his books, so I was very interested in this event. I was going to be in American Fork in the morning anyway. The event description declared it was for Costco members only. This felt really unfair; I’d gone to author signings there before with no problem.

I borrowed a neighbor’s card just in case but ended up not needing it. I was in line for roughly an hour and couldn’t help talking about Sanderson books with the other people in line. That was great. The line passed through an aisle of appliances, so everyone opened all the fridges and ovens as we were just standing there in front of them.

“Skyward” was the featured book of the signing, but I had already bought a signed copy (and read it). There were Doomslug stickers! Doomslug! I asked if the M in M-bot stood for anything. He said Spensa is convinced it stands for Massacre, and M-bot is convinced it stands for Mushroom. Of course.

Brandon Sanderson and Doomslug -- photo not by me

The books I had signed were the Era 1 Mistborn trilogy, UK edition; Oathbringer; Legion, the 3-in-1 volume; and three Alcatraz books. Six of them I got for Christmas. I’ve read (or listened to) more than I own, but I’ll get them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment